Account Name Changes
Updating Your Computer Username
Due to technical complications, UNCG ITS is unable to perform computer account name (user name) changes at this time and has placed a temporary hold on username changes while it continues to research and develop a solution that will allow for username changes to work across all UNCG systems.
Updating Your Legal Name
- Students can request legal name changes at the Registrar's Office.
- SPA Employees can contact Human Resources at (336) 334-5009.
- EPA Employees can contact the Office of the Provost at (336) 334-5494.
Updating Your Preferred Display Name
UNCG's Online Directory (Faculty/Staff)
- Login to UNCGenie and click on Personal Information.
- Click Update Employee Directory Information.
- Update your name in the fields provided and click Submit.
Note: Students can only update their preferred name if they have already updated their legal name with the Registrar's office. Once the legal name change is complete, students should contact 6-TECH at 256-TECH (8324) or 6-TECH@uncg.edu to request a preferred name change for the online directory.
iSpartan Global Address Book
Information in the iSpartan Global Address Book is controlled by your Google+ Profile. If you have not yet joined Google+, see: Google+ Account Setup at UNCG.
- Login to your Gmail account (http://mail.uncg.edu).
- Choose +You from the menu bar.
- Click on Profile in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click on your name.
- Enter the name you want to display in iSpartan. See Google's guidelines and limitations for information about acceptable Google+ names.
- Click Save.
- You will be prompted to confirm your name change. One important limitation is that you can only change your Google+ name three times in two years.
- Click Change Name.
iSpartan Reply-To Address
- Login to iSpartan and click on the Settings link in the top-right corner.
- Click on the Accounts tab.
- In the Send mail as section, click Edit Info and update your name.