New Account Requests
New UNCG students, faculty and staff must complete the account activation process (Computer Accounts Activation) in order to have access to UNCG technology services.
To complete the account activation process:
- Activate your accounts at Computer Accounts Activation. This process creates your default UNCG Login account, including your UNCG username.
- Reset your password. Before starting to use your accounts, you must first reset your password. You can do this after your accounts are ready (1-2 hours after account activation form is submitted). To reset your password, go to reset.uncg.edu.
- Use your UNCG username and password to access most UNCG technology services. (See Accounts and Services Descriptions for more details on available services.)
IMPORTANT: You must have an active record in Banner to be eligible for computing accounts. UNCG Information Technology Services neither enters nor maintains these records.
If you are unable to activate your accounts, you may need to contact the appropriate department to verify that your Banner record and status are correct:
- Students: Contact Office of the Registrar (334-5946)
- Staff (SPA): Contact Human Resources (334-5009)
- Faculty (EPA): Contact Office of the Provost (334-5494)
Print Account Request Forms
Some accounts require signatory approval before they are provided to you. The following require a form to be printed and signed.
- Banner Accounts
Note: All new UNCG employees will automatically receive a Banner Runtime account for use in Banner production (BANPRD) and the related Operational Data Store (ODSP).
- Secondary Account Request Form
For more information, see: Secondary Account FAQ.
- Reporting Accounts