Blackboard Collaborate enables you to hold classes, meetings, office hours, or one-on-one consulting sessions on-line and allows people to interact in a fun, engaging way. Because of this technology, departments on campus can save money on travel, because meetings and events can be held on-line. Events can also be recorded for later viewing.
Blackboard Collaborate uses virtual classrooms, rooms and meeting spaces that allow exciting new approaches in peer-to-peer learning and instructor-led courses while involving each participant on an individual level. Collaborate allows you to poll your participants, use and share a white board, chat with participants, have participants virtually raise their hands for questions, import PowerPoint slides, share your computer screen or a particular window with participants, share the microphone with participants, use a webcam, and MORE!
Blackboard Collaborate may be used either from within Blackboard, or outside of Blackboard. Classes that are already in Blackboard may want to take advantage of the built-in interface to Blackboard Collaborate. Faculty, staff, and students with a faculty or staff sponsor may use Collaborate outside of Blackboard by requesting a room with the Blackboard Collaborate Room Request.
Users of Blackboard Collaborate are expected to adhere to University Policies, please especially review the Acceptable Use of Computing and Electronic Resources Policy.
- Comparing What's New in Blackboard Collaborate 12 to Blackboard Collaborate 11
- Video: Blackboard Collaborate 12 New Features
- What's new...Blackboard Collaborate 12
- Blackboard Collaborate Best Practices
- Blackboard Collaborate Room Request
Note: Classes in Blackboard automatically have Collaborate rooms, so a separate request is not required.
- Free Blackboard Collaborate Webinars
- Best Practice Guides
- Faculty Resources
- To register for training, go to the UNCG Workshops and Events Calendar and look for ITS Training – Blackboard Collaborate.
Note: If you have taken our Blackboard Collaborate workshop, please take a moment to fill out the UNCG ITS Training Evaluation.
- For technical issues, call Blackboard Collaborate 24/7 Technical Support at (877) 382-2293.
- For questions about how to use features of Blackboard Collaborate, contact 6-TECH at (336) 256-TECH (8324) or 6-TECH@uncg.edu.