About the Labs
Information Technology Services (ITS) maintains and operates the campus open-access computer labs and provides support for students using the labs and for faculty who teach in the labs.
There are currently ten open-access computer labs located throughout the campus, containing approximately 413 computers: 399 PC or Windows-based computers and 14 Macintosh computers. Please visit the ITS Lab Summary page for a list of labs currently managed by ITS.
ITS employs approximately 50 Student Consultants in the computer labs. You can download an application for employment , which you can fill out, print off, and submit at the SuperLab in Jackson Library.
Computers and software are upgraded on a regular basis, with changes occurring during the semester breaks.
The SuperLab, located on the first floor of Jackson Library, contains approximately 125 computers and is the location for the Student Help Center, where students can obtain help with their questions about lab software or the labs in general. Student consultants also are available for telephone consultation at (336) 256-TECH (8324). The Student Computing Manager, Veronica Thompson, has an office in the SuperLab and can help with any questions or problems concerning lab operations during regular business hours. In the evenings, our evening Computer Lab Coordinator, Stacey Grant, will assist you.
The consultants in the SuperLab offer help with the following:
- Activating your computer accounts
- Resetting your computer account passwords
- Unlocking your UNCGenie account
- Unlocking your Pharos printing account
- Getting credits for your Pharos printing (for UNCG staff/faculty who are
- General computer account troubleshooting and consultation
- Basic software troubleshooting and consultation
- Connecting your laptop the UNCG wireless network
- Printing from wired computers in ITS-managed computer labs or via the
- Making computer lab reservations
Note: The SuperLab provides late-night computing availability, Sunday through Thursday, until 3:00 AM (during regular Fall and Spring semester sessions).
Any comments or suggestions should be sent to the Student Computing Manager in ITS-Client Services, Veronica Thompson.