Information Technology Services (ITS) provides secure wired and wireless network access throughout the UNCG campus for faculty, staff, and students. UNCG also provides an unsecured wireless network for visitors to the UNCG campus. Read the Campus Network Overview for more information.
- Backup Services
- Data Storage Services
- High Speed Networking Services
- Managed Infrastructure Services (Server & Database Hosting)
- Network Services Fees
Wired Connection on Campus
Information Technology Services (ITS) has completed the transition of all faculty, staff, and ITS labs to the General Computing Network (GCN) environment.
- The UNCG Wired Network
General overview of the wired network at UNCG.
- The General Computing Network (GCN)
Information about the campus computing environment, including how to log in and access your files and applications.
- The Internet Service Provider (ISP) Network
Information about UNCG's open campus network that provides unmanaged workstation access to high speed data connectivity.
- Computer/Cable/Phone Help
Information about wired access in the Residence Halls (from The Office of Housing and Residence Life).
Wireless Connection on Campus
The wireless network at UNCG allows you to establish a secure connection (for faculty, staff, and students) or an unsecured connection (for visitors). Wireless computing access is available throughout campus, including the residence halls, academic & administrative buildings, and most outdoor areas.
- The UNCG Wireless Network
Information about the wireless network at UNCG, including wireless locations and how to connect with your wireless device.
- Go Wireless!
Information about wireless access in the Residence Halls (from The Office of Housing and Residence Life).
For technical support, contact 6-TECH at (336) 256-TECH (8324) or 6-TECH@uncg.edu.
- Virtual UNCG Desktop & App Store
- UNCG Access to Virtual Private Networking (VPN) for faculty and staff
- Student Secure Portal for GCN file access
- Virtual Computing Lab (VCL)
- Acceptable Use of Computing and Electronic Resources
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- Security of Networks and Networked Data
- Web Accessibility
- Wireless Communications