Some applications are accessible from the network for you to use on your UNCG-owned computer. For information about what software is available, go to the Software @ UNCG web page and select the Available Software link.
- Windows: Most software is available through Application Catalog (AppCat).
- Mac: Most software is available through the MacApps volume.
- If software is available from another source (e.g., web download or stand-alone copy purchase), it will be noted on the Available Software web page.
To access software on a Windows machine:
- Double-click on the Application Catalog (AppCat) icon on your desktop.
- AppCat will open and you will see a list of any applications that are available to you. You can also search for the application using the Search box in the upper-right corner:
- To install an application, click its icon to open the Application Details screen and then click Install.
If you see a pop-up window with “New software is available” above the Application Catalog icon in your System Tray, this simply means that your available updates and patches may be viewed in the Application Catalog. To open the Application Catalog, double-click on the icon in the System Tray. However, no action is required of you.
To access software through the MacApps volume:
- From the Finder menu, click Go and select Connect to Server. A window similar to the one below will open.
- Type smb://isputility01.uncg.edu/MacApps/ in the Server Address text box.
- Click the Connect button. You may need to type in your UNCG credentials.
- The MacApps volume will mount on the Desktop.
- Open the MacApps volume to access the software.
If you have problems or questions, please contact 6-TECH at (336) 256-TECH (8324) or 6-TECH@uncg.edu.