The UNCG Wireless Network
Like all computing resources on campus, the use of the wireless network is governed by UNCG's technology policies. Please take the time to review these policies.
The wireless network allows you to establish a secure connection (for faculty, staff, and students) or an unsecured connection (for visitors at UNCG).
The secure network (eduroam) acts much like the UNCG wired public network.
- It is available via 802.1X authentication.
- There are no bandwidth restrictions.
- There are no firewall restrictions imposed beyond those already in place for security purposes on the wired network.
The unsecured network (UNCG-Wireless or JSNN-Wireless)* is available as a self-service wireless profile for visitors to the UNCG campus.
- This is an open, unsecured network with bandwidth restrictions of 768 Kbps.
- Access is restricted to basic Internet use only.
- Access is denied to any sensitive UNCG systems.
*Note: UNCG-Wireless is only available on the main UNCG campus, while JSNN-Wireless is only available in the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering (JSNN) building, located on the South Campus of the Gateway University Research Park. Eduroam is available at both locations.