Service: Learning Management Systems
Learning Management Systems (LMS) and Synchronized Learning Management Systems (SLMS) allow instructors to go beyond the traditional classroom to deliver learning content and collaborative experiences to students. LMSs and SLMSs are also used for information sharing and collaboration by many campus groups and committees, including some UNCG training offerings. Students, faculty and staff use their standard UNCG username and password (iSpartanID) to login to the LMS on any computer connected to the internet.
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides support for each LMS in partnership with The University Teaching and Learning Commons, and the group of Instructional Technology Consultants (ITCs):
- ITS provides basic LMS functionality and usability support and training for faculty, staff, and students. Support requests for ITS should be submitted to 6-TECH.
- Each professional school and the College also designates technical support (typically an ITC) to assist with LMS support and training for faculty and staff. This is typically where assistance with methodology and pedagogy will occur.
- Mobile apps are available for both the Canvas LMS and the WebEx SLMS. ITS supports the Canvas and WebEx mobile apps for all students, faculty, and staff.
- WebEx is available via the web, and is also integrated into Canvas to provide a forum for virtual classrooms with online synchronous collaboration (real-time video, content sharing, etc). ITS provides training and support for WebEx to faculty and staff, as well as students.
- Online Classrooms, Rooms and Meeting Spaces
ITS provides virtual classrooms, rooms and meeting spaces to host synchronous classes, meetings, office hours, or one-on-one consulting sessions on-line.