Information Technology Services (ITS) offers several Metro-Ethernet solutions for satellite offices that are not located near the Greensboro Fiber Loop. Metro-Ethernet is a network connection that gives users the following:
- a UNCG campus network identity
- a choice of robust network connection levels depending on the specific needs of the site
- support services from ITS
- Using the Metro-Ethernet solution ensures that the level of service will remain and that networking and network security issues are the responsibility of ITS.
- Users who choose another connectivity solution will have little or no support services from ITS. As the current campus network environment evolves, off-campus sites not under the umbrella of ITS support will bear a significant burden in resolving technical issues, notably Internet connection, local network infrastructure, and workstation communication issues.
Please visit Off Campus Connectivity for more information, including a table that compares the services you receive on 1) campus, 2) off campus with the Metro-Ethernet solution, and 3) off campus without the Metro-Ethernet solution.