Service: Online Productivity Suite
An online productivity suite is a grouping of software that can be accessed from any Internet-enabled device, usually running any operating system. This allows people to work together from anywhere and at any time, thereby leading to effective web-based collaboration and virtual teamwork. Usually, productivity suites include word processing, spreadsheet, discussion/chat, file storage and file management capabilities.
The online productivity suites that are currently available for UNCG are:
- Google Apps for Education
- Office 365
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides support for each productivity suite in partnership with university Instructional Technology Consultants (ITCs):
- ITS provides functionality and usability support and training for faculty, staff, and students for all productivity suites.
- Each professional school and the College also designates technical support (typically an ITC) to assist with pedagogical support and training for faculty and staff, if a user is performing instructional-type activities using the productivity suite.
- Data Storage Services
ITS provides data storage services (network file space) for faculty, staff, and students.
- Email List Services (Google Groups)
ITS provides custom mailing list/group creation and support services.
- Software Catalog for UNCG
ITS provides access to a wide array of academic and administrative software for UNCG students, faculty, and staff.