Service: Software Catalog for UNCG
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides access to a wide array of academic and administrative software through a variety of methods including:
- MyCloud (faculty and staff only, includes remote access)
- Run Advertised Programs (RAP) (Windows “General Computing Network” computers only)
- the MacApps software volume (UNCG "ISP" or "GCN" Macintosh computers)
- Linux software in the Instructional Linux Environment (ILE) and the High Performance Computing (HPC) Linux cluster
- Web-based and mobile app software (e.g., Blackboard Learn, iSpartan Google Apps, Office 365, Qualtrics web survey tools, & more)
For information on installing software on Windows and Mac computers, please visit Installing Applications.
The Software @ UNCG website includes a list of software available to UNCG students, faculty and staff and how to access it, as well as resources for individual/department discount purchasing opportunities. Software@UNCG also includes details on specific categories of software including Research Software and Assistive Technology.
Clients may take advantage of the University’s business relationship with certain vendors to purchase software at a discount for use on personally owned computers.
- High Performance Computing
For advanced computational needs, ITS provides access to and support for use of a High Performance Computing Linux cluster.