Service: Software Support and Training
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides support and training on the use of applications in the UNCG software catalog. Level of support available from ITS varies by software package and are defined below. Some software is supported by campus unit/departments to meet their specific curricular or administrative needs.
Support Level Details:
- Comprehensive: ITS offers installation support, training (in-person or online), documentation, consultation, and troubleshooting.
- Limited: ITS offers installation support, and basic troubleshooting; documentation is available for some applications.
- Installation: ITS will install and troubleshoot installation issues on the campus network only.
Types of software available for UNCG include:
- Statistical and Mathematical Analysis software (SAS, SPSS, Stata, Amos, Lisrel, R, MATLab, Mathematica and more)
- Qualitative Analysis Software (e.g., Atlas.ti, NVivo)
- Document and Reference Management Software (e.g., CINDEX for document index creation, EndNote for reference management)
- Qualtrics web survey software
- Operating system software - MAC OS, Win7 OS
- Web development and publishing software and web applications (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver; Komposer; Microsoft Publisher and related programs; WordPress; iSpartan Google Sites and Blogger)
- Canvas (Learning Management System)
- WebEx (Synchronous Learning Management System / Web Conferencing)
- Google Apps for Education (iSpartan Email, Calendar, Google+, Docs/Drive, Sites, Groups)
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access and other Office Suite tools)
- Security-related software (e.g., anti-virus, Identity Finder and Eraser)
- Mass/Group E-mail Services (such as Google Groups, and MaxBulk Mailer)
- Streaming/multi-media delivery tools (e.g., iTunes University, Flash Streaming Media Server, UNCG’s YouTube channel)
For a complete list of software made available by ITS through the UNCG network or UNCG web services, see Available Software.
For information regarding ITS software access and support services, see Software @ UNCG.
Please visit Information Technology Training Opportunities on Campus for more information about training opportunites.
To request application specific consulting and support, contact 6-TECH at (336) 256-TECH (8324) or 6-TECH@uncg.edu.