Service: Teleworking Service Bundles
Information Technology Services (ITS) offers teleworking service bundles that allow UNCG faculty and staff to work remotely while seamlessly accessing campus technology resources.
The Teleworking Services Bundles offered by ITS provide UNCG faculty and staff with the following:
- The ability to work from a remote location: work from home as if you are in the office (e.g., answer your phone and access your network files).
- Direct access to the General Computing Network (GCN) and corresponding Enterprise Services like Banner and network file space: just plug in your GCN-imaged device and you can access the same services you can access from on-campus.
- A hardware-based alternative to SSL VPN: once you connect to the network via the remote access device, you have access to the same set of services that are available on the wired UNCG network; no need to use a VPN client when connecting through the remote access device.
- Built-in wireless access to the GCN: convenient access method enables personnel to set up a home office quickly and easily.
- An optional software-based telephone: either an extension to your current UNCG office phone or a new UNCG phone number.
- GCN laptop or desktop computer
- An active Internet connection, through a DSL or cable modem
- An electrical outlet for the remote access device
- A headset/microphone for the softphone, if selected
Annually Recurring Costs
- Teleworking Bundle 1
- Comes with remote access device; no telephone option selected
- $210 per year ($140 per year, effective October 1, 2014)
- Teleworking Bundle 2
- Comes with remote access device and a softphone with the same phone number as your office phone
- $235 per year ($170 per year, effective October 1, 2014)
- Teleworking Bundle 3
- Comes with remote access device and a softphone with a new phone number
- $500 per year ($340 per year, effective October 1, 2014)
- Remote Access Device
None. Faculty and staff will receive a self-installation kit after order confirmation. Everything you need to get your remote access device up and running is included in the kit.
- The Cisco IP Communicator will need to be installed on the faculty/staff laptop or desktop
- New phone number: $80 setup + Time and Materials at current labor rate
- Same phone number: Time and Materials at current labor rate