Service: Walk-in Support
6-TECH Service Center
The 6-TECH Service Center, located in the lobby of the McNutt Building, offers walk-in support to students, faculty and staff. Services include:
- help installing and trouble-shooting University-provided software
- assistance connecting computers and mobile devices to the UNCG wireless network
- malware scanning and removal
- email configuration for handheld devices
In addition, comprehensive hardware support services, including warranty repairs, are available to students who purchased a laptop through the Student Laptop Program (SLP). Limited hardware repair services are available for computers not purchased through the SLP.
The 6-TECH Service Center website includes additional support details.
The Superlab, located in Jackson Library, offers walk-in support to students, faculty and staff any time the SuperLab is open, including late nights and weekends. To learn when the SuperLab is open, visit: Computer Lab Hours. The SuperLab staff provides help with the following:
- activating or resetting computer accounts
- unlocking UNCGenie accounts
- unlocking Pharos printing accounts
- general computer account troubleshooting and consultation
- getting credits for Pharos printing (for UNCG staff/faculty who are also students)
- basic software troubleshooting and consultation
- connecting to the UNCG wireless network
- printing from wired computers in Information Technology Services (ITS)-managed computer labs or via the wireless network
- making computer lab reservations
If a student, faculty or staff member is experiencing a UNCG technology issue that the SuperLab staff cannot resolve, a 6-TECH ticket is submitted on that person’s behalf so that the appropriate Information Technology Services (ITS) support staff can contact them.
In addition to walk-in support, ITS also provides online support and support via phone and email. Visit Getting Help to get further information on all of the ways you can get technical support.