University Directory Information
The campus directory is available online: Campus Directory
- Accuracy of Directory Information
- Updating the Directory Information - Person Listing Search
- Updating the Directory Information - Department Contacts
- Confidentiality of University Directory Information
- Release of Student Directory Information
- Suppression of Student Directory Information
- Parents' Information
This directory information is extracted from databases maintained on the central University computer system by the Office of the Provost (for EPA personnel) and Human Resource Services (for SPA personnel).
Online Campus Directory
The online Campus Directory uses the databases maintained on the central University computer system as the source for the directory listings. These records can be changed at any time and the online Campus Directory will reflect the updates.
Faculty & Staff:
- EPA staff - Provide corrections or updates to your home department or unit so that changes will be relayed through administrative channels to the Office of the Provost for your official personnel file.
- SPA staff -
- Changes to Office address type (OF - This refers to your office address on campus) should be provided to Human Resource Services.
- Changes to Payroll address types (PY - This refers to your home address) can be made via UNCGenie. In addition, you may choose whether or not a PY address is displayed and whether or not your spouse is displayed via UNCGenie. Please contact Human Resource Services if you have any questions.
Students: Changes and corrections to this information can be made from within UNCGenie.
All department contacts are maintained by the department's Banner HR Timekeeper. If you find erroneous information in the departmental listings, please contact that department's timekeeper.
Per the North Carolina State Personnel Records Privacy Act, EPA/SPA employee information is deemed to be confidential with the following specified exceptions: name, age, date of original employment or appointment to State service, current position, title, current salary, date and amount of most recent increase or decrease in salary, date of most recent promotion, demotion, transfer, suspension, separation, or other change in position classification, and the office or station to which the employee is currently assigned.
For UNCG directory purposes, "office or station to which the employee is currently assigned" is interpreted as the employee's office address (OF), phone number, and e-mail address. Each EPA/SPA employee has the option to include personal information (spouse, home address, and phone number) in his or her directory listing.
The demographic files maintained by the University Registrar are also published in the University Directory. Unless a student requests in writing to the contrary, federal law permits the University to release the following types of information to the public without the student’s consent:
- student name
- mailing, e-mail, & permanent address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- county, state, and/or U.S. territory from which the student originally enrolled
- major field of study
- class (junior, senior, etc.)
- enrollment status (full-time, part-time)
- participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- weight and height of members of athletic teams
- dates of attendance and anticipated date of graduation
- degree(s) and awards received
- honors information
- most recent previous educational agency or institution attended by student
Under the 1974 Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a student has the right to request in writing that the disclosure of this information be withheld from persons outside the University. Please note that this information can only be suppressed from the public, not from University officials.
To have address and phone number information suppressed from the online University Directory and Campus Information, a student must file a form requesting suppression of information with the University Registrar’s Office. Requests to suppress online directory information can be made at any time. A request to suppress information must be filed while the student is still enrolled at the University.
Once a student’s information is suppressed, it will not be released to any outside agency, nor printed in the Commencement program upon the student’s graduation, without the student’s written consent. The suppression of information remains in effect until revoked in writing by the student, even after the student is no longer enrolled at the University. Former students may request in writing that earlier suppression requests be revoked.
For complete details, see Suppression of Directory Information for Students on the University Registrar's Office website.
Information concerning parents of students (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.) is not made available as it is not considered directory information.