EDUCAUSE Login Information for UNCG Students, Faculty, and Staff
This document explains how to use your UNCG account to login to the EDUCAUSE website where you can create and edit your EDUCAUSE profile, and access EDUCAUSE resources such as webinars and publications related to the use of technology in higher education. UNCG accounts are able to login to EDUCAUSE because UNCG participates in the InCommon Federation which facilitates sharing of resources across organizations using your home institution's (UNCG's) user name and password (i.e., "single sign-on")
From the EDUCAUSE WEBSITE (see: EDUCAUSE Mission and Organization):
"EDUCAUSE is a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education through the use of information technology."
Note: Not all resources on the EDUCAUSE website require a login for access. You need to follow these instructions only to access those resources or register for events that require a login, and to manage your EDUCAUSE profile and preferences.
To login to the EDUCAUSE website using your UNCG user name and password:
- Use a web browser to go to www.educause.edu.
- Click the Login button in the upper right corner.
- On the next page, scroll down to select the option for Log in Using InCommon.
- On the next screen, under LOGIN TO EDUCAUSE, start typing Greensboro and select University of North Carolina Greensboro when that option appears.
- You will be redirected to the UNCG Authentication Page. Enter your standard UNCG User Name & Password and click Sign In.
- After signing in to your UNCG account, you will be redirected to the EDUCAUSE website.
- If this is the first time you have logged into the EDUCAUSE website using your UNCG account, you will see the screen below.
- Select Create A New Profile to set up your profile.
- Select Use My Existing Profile if you have an existing EDUCAUSE profile that has not been connected to your UNCG account (e.g., you set up an EDUCAUSE profile at a different institution).
- If you have previously logged into EDUCAUSE using your UNCG account, you will see the message "Welcome," and your user name in the upper right corner, indicating that you have successfully logged in.
- If you wish to edit your existing EDUCAUSE profile, select Manage Profile and then the Edit tab. Profile settings include your contact and biographic information, as well as your EDUCAUSE preferences such as privacy settings and email notification/list memberships.
- Be sure to select Log Out when you are finished using the EDUCAUSE website and close your web browser.
PLEASE NOTE! When finished with your web session, it is important to close your web browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.) to completely sign-out of your UNCG account. If you do not close the web browser, anyone who uses the web browser after you will be able to access other UNCG resources through your account.