Installing Site Software
Additional software such as Wordpress can be installed on your site using cPanel.
This functionality is accessible via the Site Software link under the Software/Services section.
You will be presented with a list of software available for you to install. At launch, WordPress is the only additional software being offered.
Clicking on WordPress will bring up the form below.
- Admin User — This is the id you want to use for your WordPress administrator account.
- Admin Pass — This is the password you want to use for your WordPress administrator account.
- Admin Password (Again) — Enter the password again to ensure you typed it correctly.
- Email — Your email address.
- Installation URL — Specify the folder you want WordPress installed in. Using the default values will result in WordPress being installed in a folder named wordpress at the root of your site.
- Table Prefix — Using a random value rather than the default wp is recommended.
- MySQL DB — Choose Create New Database, unless you have an existing WordPress db you want to overwrite.
Once you click Install, cPanel will install your software and show a confirmation like the one below.