About Google Calendar
Google Calendar makes it easy to organize your schedule and keep track of events. You can create multiple calendars and share your calendars with others.
- Login to your Gmail account (http://mail.uncg.edu).
- Click the Apps button in the upper-right corner and select Calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I view and request room resources through Google Calendar?
See: Accessing and Using UNCG Resource Calendars in iSpartan.
- Can I invite a mailing list from the UNCG directory to a meeting?
No. If you invite a mailing list, the attendees won't see the meeting on their calendars. Therefore you must add each attendee individually to your invitation. Or, you can create your own "contact groups" using your Google Apps contacts picker, as follows:
- In your invitation, under Add Guests, click Choose from contacts.
- In the contacts picker that appears, start typing the name of one of the employees you want to invite.
- When the name appears, click it to add it to the list below.
- Repeat these steps for each employee you want to invite.
- Then select Save As Group to create a contacts group in your personal contacts.
- Enter a name for the group, and then click OK.
- Then click Done to invite the group to your meeting.
Now you can invite the same group to any meetings you schedule in the future, by clicking Choose from contacts and selecting the group in the drop-down list in the contacts picker and selecting Select all.
- Can I invite meeting attendees who are outside of UNCG?
Yes, you can send meeting invitations to any email address.
- If someone outside of UNCG sends me an invitation from another type of calendar, can I accept the invitation on my Google calendar?
Yes, in most cases, you can. If possible, Google Calendar inserts an Add to Calendar link in the invitation. Simply click the link, and the invitation is added to your Google calendar. Otherwise, if the invitation is in the standard .ics format (such as Microsoft Outlook invitations), you can download the .ics file and upload it to Google Calendar.