About Google Groups
A Google Group is a type of mailing list that you can create and manage on your own. You can use a Google Group to share information with groups of people and access information effectively over email and on the web.
All new mailing lists are created as Google Groups. A Google Group operates much like the mailing lists which have been offered on listproc.uncg.edu, with the added feature of giving group members the ability to use the group for access control on Sites, Docs, and Calendars within iSpartan.
Note: You may continue to use existing mail lists on listproc.uncg.edu. However, if you would like to convert an existing email list on listproc.uncg.edu to a Google Group, contact 6-TECH at (336) 256-TECH (8324) or 6-TECH@uncg.edu.
- Request a Regular Google Group
- Request an Automated Google Group
- Read our Google Groups Overview.
- Read about Google Groups for Group Owners and Managers.
- Login to your Gmail account (http://mail.uncg.edu).
- Click the Apps button in the upper-right corner and select Groups.