Cisco WebEx Meetings Mobile App
The Cisco WebEx Meetings Mobile App allows you to participate in a live WebEx session on-the-go. The mobile experience includes viewing the Whiteboard and Application Sharing modes in a session, communication via chat and audio, and participation items such as raising hands, emoticons, and polling. The WebEx Meetings app is available on a variety of devices, including iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch), Android (including Kindle Fire), and Windows Phone. An Apple Watch companion app is available for iPhone users.
What You Can Do With the App
The WebEx Meetings app will allow you to participate in a WebEx session from a mobile device with a limited feature set. You will be able to:
- Join meetings, even before the host arrives
- Integrated VoIP audio and web conferencing on Wi-Fi, 3G/4G, and LTE
- Use full-screen meeting view
- Use 2-way video (send and receive) on most devices
- View attendee list
- View shared content with annotations
- Pinch to zoom and scan
- Use private or group chat
- Share a file during a meeting (supported devices only)
- Moderate a session, including sharing documents / photos, managing attendees and presenter privileges, and recording the meeting.
What You Cannot Do With the App
The WebEx Meetings app is designed primarily for participants and, as such, there are several other features of the desktop application that are not available in the mobile app. The mobile app does not support:
- Creating whiteboards
- Annotating documents or whiteboards
- Sharing your mobile screen (as presenter)
- Accessing session recordings in .ARF format (must be converted to MP4 first)
- Participation in Breakout Rooms
- Participation in Polling
Download the App and Connect
Visit the app store on your mobile device and search for WebEx.
- App Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Android Marketplace on your Android device
- Kindle app store on your Kindle Fire (or Amazon.com)
- Windows Phone Store on your Windows Phone
- Install the app.
- Open the app and join the session in one of these ways:
Join a session from a course on Canvas:
- First download and install the Canvas Mobile app.
- Navigate to the course, and select WebEx from the course menu.
- Choose your session from the list, and tap Join. You will be redirected automatically to the Cisco WebEx Meetings app.
- Join a session as a guest with a separate link or session ID:
- Copy the link sent to you by the session host, OR copy the 9-digit meeting ID number.
- Open the WebEx Meetings app.
- Tap Join Meeting.
- In the Meeting Number of URL field, paste the link or ID number you received from the host. Enter your name in the second field, as you wish it to appear in the session, and your e-mail address in the third field.
- Tap Join, and you will be connected to the meeting.
Join a session as an invited guest from your WebEx account:
- Open the WebEx Meetings app.
- Sign into your account using your UNCG e-mail address.
- Find the meeting in your schedule (left side) - tap on it, and click Join in the upper right corner of the meeting information.
Join a session from a link you receive in your e-mail or calendar:
- Open the e-mail or calendar event.
- Tap on the link to the session.
- Your device should open the Cisco WebEx Meetings app (it may open a web browser first).
- Join a session from a course on Canvas:
For additional support on connecting sessions in the Cisco WebEx Meetings mobile app, call 6-TECH at (336) 256-TECH (8324), send email to 6-TECH@uncg.edu, or stop by the 6-TECH Service Center in the lobby of the McNutt Building.